Our client is a leader of innovative wastewater solutions is looking for entry level engineer to work in their Blacksburg, VA office. This position will report to the VP of Technology and assist in research and development of biofilm technologies. This position will give the right candidate(s) the opportunities to patent exciting, new research, gain experience in designing and building new wastewater treatment facilities, publishing cutting edge technology, and work with customers to develop ongoing consulting relationships.
- Working with R&D team to develop innovative biofilm solutions for the wastewater industry, including but not limited to lab, pilot and full scale studies.
- Data collection and publication of research.
- Assist staff engineers to model, design and build upgrades and/or new wastewater treatment facilities.
- Work with both industrial and municipal customers to sell and develop consulting relationships.
- Publish and present all work at relevant conferences.
- Must possess a BS in Civil and/or Environmental Engineering from an accredited college with the ability to obtain a PE license. Candidates with wastewater focus are preferred.
- Be a team player, energetic and willing to learn.
- Adaptable and willing to work in various departments within the company and on a wide array of projects.
- Independent and willing to travel as needed (<30%).
- Be comfortable speaking in public and meeting new contacts and building relationships.
- Eager to excel and grow with the company.
- Must be located in Blacksburg, VA.
Pay is 40-60k base salary and some relocation assistance can be provided.